Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lenten Reflections, Part VII - First Steps

We're a week into Lent, and I can't decide whether to qualify that statement with an "only" or an "already."  In some ways, it's the slowest season of the liturgical year for me -- mostly because I'm a wimp and don't like giving up things that I enjoy.  At the same time, though, it never seems like it's quite long enough -- I always feel like I haven't prepared well enough, that I've left things undone.  So I'm both cheered and a bit miffed by the fact that the first steps of Lent are already behind us.  Guess all that can be done is to make the most of the rest of it, right?

One other thing I wanted to mention -- apparently today was the day for the 4th years (soon to be PGY-1s) to find out whether they matched into a residency program.  They don't know where yet (that'll be in a couple of days), but hopefully they do know that they've matched.  So please pray for all of them, that they'll end up where they want to be.

That's all for me tonight...more reflections and a brief family med update tomorrow.  Till next time, peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment