Sunday, March 20, 2011

Apologetics

One obstacle I seem to run into frequently is the question of to what extent I need to defend my faith and my beliefs.  I mean, I can't simply be insulted every time someone makes a joke or light-hearted comment (or else I'd be offended pretty much all the time), but where's the threshold for when I need to speak up?  Is it sufficient that I always tell new people (e.g. residents) that I'm Catholic?  Do I need to say something when they tease me about my faith? (For clarification, this has always been lighthearted and without any malicious intent; I've never actually been slighted for my faith by any residents, just the one attending whom I've mentioned before.)  There have been times that I probably should have spoken up, should have tried to correct a misconception, but I either chickened out or didn't think it would make a difference.  In some cases, I don't say anything because I worry about how it will change people's opinions of me.  So when do I speak up?  And how do I make sure I consistently speak the truth with charity?  Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

That's all for tonight...hope everyone is doing well.  Till next time, peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment