Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lenten Reflections, Part V - First Sunday

The first Sunday of Lent is always a little strange, always a bit of an adjustment.  Having been in a routine for nearly a year (although with a few weeks off for Advent), I feel like every year I'm just preparing to sing (or pray) the Gloria when I realize "oh wait, that disappears for the next six weeks."  Same thing with the Gospel acclamation -- all of a sudden it's "praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ, king of endless glory!"  It marks a transition, and it's tricky for me to make the adjustments -- just like it's tricky to make the adjustments to the discipline of Lent.  I don't actually think I've ever managed to do either of those things well, really.  Maybe I'll get it this year?

Anyway, that's all for now.  Starting on a week of inpatient in the morning...it'll be early, but it should be ok, we'll see how it works out.  Till next time, peace and God bless!

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the same thing during church this weekend! "No Gloria, no alleluia..." And it's true about transitions. I finally decided today what I'm going to "give up" for Lent (discussion on self-denial vs. petty diet aside). Good luck with your transition to this season and the inpatient medicine!

    ReplyDelete