Monday, September 27, 2010

Starting Peds EM

Ah, the first day on a new rotation!  Actually, though, there's not much to say from today...all I had was a half-hour orientation to the CHP ED.  It sounds like this is pretty much going to be an AI (acting internship, for those of you who aren't crazy enough to do the whole med school thing) where I'll be responsible for taking care of patients largely on my own.  This makes me very happy :-)  Anyway, first shift is tomorrow from 10A - 6P; we'll see how that goes.  I'm just a teeny tiny bit excited.  For those of you who don't know, this is likely what I want to do with my life (pediatric emergency medicine), but this will be my first time with actual patient care responsibilities in the ED, so we'll see if that changes anything.  My money's on "no," but I suppose stranger things have happened.  At this point, though, I'm rambling, so I'm gonna head to bed before I crash.  Back with stories (hopefully) tomorrow evening...and with any luck, there won't be a need to focus on moral dilemmas this time around.  Till then, peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment