Friday, September 10, 2010

30 second post

It's late, I'm tired, and I'm working tomorrow morning, so this is going to be short. Today cured me of any smidgen of desire I might ever have had to a) practice anything related to Ob-Gyn, or b) to work as a primary care / outpatient physician. I got to do a fair amount (bimanual exams, speculum exams, Dopplers for fetal heart tone) but the work in an outpatient Ob-Gyn clinic is mind-numbingly boring. Seeing one patient after another for six or seven hours is draining after a while, particularly when four or five in a row are simply well checkups. Ugh. Oh well, working with Dr. Jaja is still very much a positive thing, as his humor and willingness to teach and get me involved help at least make the day productive. At this point, I'd suggest anyone in my position at least consider volunteering for the experience with Dr. Jaja rather than doing the resident clinic -- better variety, more continuity, a good degree of involvement, and respect for strongly held beliefs. Of course, if the rotation at Mercy comes through...

Anyway, that's pretty much it for me...back tomorrow with a weekly wrap-up. Till then, peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment