Friday, September 3, 2010

Lots of cutting

Just a brief post today. It was a day for C-sections (kind of like yesterday), and I scrubbed in on two; I think we only had one or two women deliver vaginally during the entire day today. The only other clinical event of any significance was a pregnant patient who had a condition called for her when it appeared she was having a seizure. From what little I could gather, neuro thought that this was another (likely deliberate) pseudo-seizure, as she has been found to have similar events many times over the last few days. This was particularly sad because she had been told by one of my residents earlier in the day that seizure meds (Ativan) were bad for her baby but if she appeared to seize he'd have no choice but to give her that medicine because seizures would be even worse. I hope there's another explanation, but it'll have to wait until Tuesday.

The "I'm kicking myself" special of the day: I wasn't paying close enough attention right after I came out from my first C-section of the day, so I completely missed an opportunity to scrub on a delivery of twins. That may end up being the biggest regret I have from this rotation.

Anyway, that's all for now...if I have a little discipline, I'll post on other topics over the weekend. Till next time, peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment