Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Long day = short post

Mostly a good day today. On post-partum rounds this morning got caught briefly in the awkward situation of being in the room while the intern was counseling a patient about contraceptive use. For better or worse, it was short enough that I didn't have time to leave the room. Otherwise, the day was highlighted by two vaginal deliveries (aptly described by one of my classmates as "so gross but SO AWESOME!") and an uncomplicated C-section resulting in three healthy children and three ecstatic families. The residents were also in full teaching mode today for some reason that I'm not going to question, so it was a productive day both in terms of skills and knowledge. No other real issues, blessedly. That will, unfortunately, likely change tomorrow when an attending with whom I've unfortunately crossed paths before delivers a lecture on abortion. Suffice it to say that if it's at all similar to the one he delivered 6 or 7 months ago, I'll have plenty to say about it in this space tomorrow.

Anyhow, I guess so far this hasn't been bad. I hope and pray that lasts, and that the good news delivered by another classmate (maybe we'll get a pro-life Ob-Gyn option after all!) comes to full fruition before next year. That's all from me for tonight; hope everyone's doing well. Peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment