Wednesday, September 2, 2009

All I can say is "try it."

My original intent was to post something about prayer. I actually got pretty deep into two different versions, both variations considering a line about prayer from C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters. Both were heavily academic, and you'll notice that neither one appears here. Why? Because they just seemed inadequate while I was writing them. Prayer isn't an academic thing, and it's not something that I'm capable of elucidating right now. To understand prayer, you need to...pray. So instead of wasting copious amounts of virtual ink on something I can't yet hope to explain adequately, I'm going to go pray Compline...and then sleep, since 6:30 will get here mighty early tomorrow. Oh well.

God, come to my assistance!
Lord, make haste to help me!

Peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment