Monday, September 7, 2009

Random thoughts

When I say "random," I mean "having no rhyme or reason." These are merely comments that I'm typing as they pop into my head. If you're looking for a coherent read, better wait till next time...

Last time I saw my cousin, she was a 10 year old kid. Now she's a married mother with a second kid on the way. Apparently people change over 17 years...

And her husband is quite a chef. Learned rather a lot about grilling / cooking tonight.

Brownies are better when made with dark chocolate. This is not an opinion.

Inpatient pediatrics is not my cup of tea. Much more fun to get them better and send them home than to watch as the kids go through hell and then slowly convalesce. Peds EM all the way.

What a match by Melanie Oudin! I haven't pulled for an athlete this hard since Dara Torres in the Beijing Olympics.

...even though it's slightly depressing to realize that she's a decade younger than I am.

Yeah, the -8 was great, Tiger...classic case of "too little, too late." Something about a barn door and a horse...

In the Hoodie Master we trust...but Seymour to the Raiders? Really?

Yeah, the final score was 34-24, but it was only that close because the Tide were undisciplined, played atrociously on special teams, and only told the quarterback that there was more than one eligible receiver on the field sometime after halftime. It coulda been ugly.

Very impressive, Notre Dame. You beat Nevada. (<-- sarcasm) Then again...

It's better than losing to Appalachian State. Right, Wolverines?

Congrats to Boise and BYU. Maybe 2 BCS busters this year??

That said, the Boise player should have been suspended too.

I keep running into this one person (seemingly) all over the place now.

And each time I find myself increasingly impressed and thinking that I'm not running into this individual enough.

...is that creepy?

Pressure-volume curves are the current bane of my existence. At least the adrenergic drugs make sense, even if I don't remember all of them.

EKGs, on the other hand, make me feel like a kid in a candy store.

Or perhaps more accurately, like a chemist with a shiny new NMR.

Amazing how much peace can be derived by just sitting quietly in the chapel.

Even more so in front of the Blessed Sacrament.

Is there a reason people keep assuming I'm married? It's happened several times already this year, and I can't figure out why.

Gray hair is worth its weight in gold on the wards...patients' (and parents') willingness to accept what you're telling them seems to be directly proportional to the number of gray hairs on one's head.

I'm thinking research study.

White coats can be another variable.

Ok, that's enough randomosity for tonight...class early tomorrow.

Peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment