Monday, September 28, 2009

Deep breath

Well, cardio is done. Hopefully. I'll know for sure in a couple of days. Really good class, an incredible amount of knowledge crammed into my poor little brain...and then a test that made the proverbial ton of bricks seem like a friendly pat on the back. Ouch. Anyway...let's focus on the positive.

Finished up with my pediatric mini-rotation today. Summary: I love pediatrics. Although that may change when the kids don't want anything to do with me and the parents decide to make my life miserable. I'll deal with that when it happens. The kids I've gotten a chance to see over the last couple of weeks (sorry, no stories...HIPAA, you know) have been phenomenal and it's been a true blessing to be able to work with each of them. The preceptor was tough, very tough, but a terrific teacher who really cared about making all of us better clinicians. Small hit to the ego, big boost to everything that really matters (clinical skills, approach to peds patients, interacting with parents, presenting patients, writing H&P / A&P, etc.). Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Another blessing, no question. Bonus: more clinical time on Friday, this time in Infectious Disease. That promises to be a whole new experience. I should review the adult exam though, huh...probably don't need to ask them about their birth history.

Anyway, there's plenty of other blessings in my life right now, and one of them is the fact that I can go to bed now and not worry too much about getting up at any specific time tomorrow -- I just need to make sure I get to the student lounge before the first-years get out of their exam. Hence, I am going to take full advantage of this particular blessing and get to sleep before I fall over. For any of you who read this, prayers for a couple of special intentions would be very much appreciated.

Peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment