Saturday, September 12, 2009

A&P + randomosity = this blog post

Spent most of today trying to craft an actual assessment and plan for a patient I saw yesterday, the first of my young medical career. It's, uh...harder than it looks (especially since it was a patient in the hospital with GI problems -- we haven't done the GI block yet). I spent just about 5 hours reading and researching and putting this thing together...a grand total of less than a page. And yet I don't begrudge a single minute of the time I spent on it, especially since it's probably something I'm going to be doing a LOT of over the next several years, so it behooves me to gain some experience and get better (and faster) at doing them. It was also more fun than I should probably publicly admit...but anyone who reads this already knows that I'm a nerd.

Non-medical thoughts for the day:

I'm really looking forward to Monday. That's when all of the Notre Dame alums in my class will go through their weekly ritual of making excuses for their football team. Former Wolverines, go to town.

Really great, Serena. Look, losing a tennis match is excusable. Losing your cool like that is not. Once again, you're just setting such a TERRIFIC example for budding tennis players everywhere. Get over yourself.

The SEC takes a narrow lead in the "second best conference in college football" standings by virtue of not having any of its teams choke on one of their cupcakes. Lemme give you a hint, Oklahoma State...if you want people to take you seriously, losing by 10 at home to a team that barely qualifies as having a pulse is NOT a good way to go about it.

'Bama needs to start playing with more discipline.

I can't wait to see what Florida does to Lane Kiffin's Vols next week. Better hide the kids.

Gotta love Ohio State. They're always good for at least one major gack a year.

Wow. What a round by Tiger. Was he playing the same course as everyone else...?

Still running into the person I mentioned last time. Hopefully that continues. More time and more conversation are the next goals.

You know, if you want to fix the health care system, we're going to have to spend money. Hope and change aren't free.

Of course, where we GET that money is another issue altogether.

In memory of the events of September 11, 2001, please say a prayer for our soldiers abroad and our first responders at home in thanksgiving for their service and in supplication for their protection.

Peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment