Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sing a little song...

PalPITTations is back and (after knocking some of the rust off) better than ever! If there's a better way to improve an already satisfactory day than by spending some time singing with friends, I have yet to discover it. It really is more fun than you might think, given the discipline and practice that are required even for our laid-back little group. Just being able to sing is a release and a joy in itself, and to hear a song coming together, the voices blending in a vibrant harmony...it's really its own reward. It's especially gratifying after a day spent doing virtually nothing but studying cardiology. It's the playtime that helps to refresh the mind after hours of intense work, and while it can seem like it's wasted time ("I NEED TO BE STUDYING!!!"), I know it helps me be better prepared for the tasks that still lay ahead. After all, burning out now sure won't do me any good.

Anyway, life right now is surely good, which is a blessing for which I'm very thankful. It stands to get even better (albeit infinitely crazier) next week when we get to go start playing doctor again. I'm absolutely looking forward to it! In the meantime, could I ask those of you who read this to keep a special intention in your prayers? Thanks, it's always appreciated!

Peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment