Monday, August 17, 2009

First day of MS-2

So it begins. And we're not talking "dip a toe in the water"; this is full-immersion baptism by fire. Today: four pharmacology lectures (moderately interesting, believe it or not), a two and a half hour research meeting (that completely transformed my project -- most productive 2.5 hours of research I've ever experienced), and an advising dinner for the new first years (two points here: a) the class of 2013 is awesome; and b) my FAST group is even awesomer. Yes, that's a word now. Because I said so. No, you can't argue.) This is followed tomorrow by more pharm lectures in the morning, an hour-long orientation to second year from 12-1 (I'm thinking there'll be pizza involved), and then a re-orientation to the IPC (Intro to Patient Care) block that's scheduled for 3 1/2 hours. Yikes. Then, after that, I have to meet with my small group to put together the pharm presentations due Wednesday (Rational Use of Drugs) and Thursday (Cholinergic Medications); that'll keep us busy for a while. Of course, there are more lectures to go along with those presentations on both Wednesday and Thursday, and then Thursday closes with a simulation session run by my research advisor (looking forward to that like you would not believe!). Friday is a review day and then the pharm test is on Saturday morning. Deep breath. *Whew!* So yeah, that's the week. More updates to come as things happen.

Peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment