Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Starting the new year

Gah, break was far too short...I felt like I barely got home before I had to turn around and come back to this place.  Not surprisingly, at the moment I pretty much hate Pittsburgh with every bone in my body, but I know that'll moderate pretty quickly.  Unless the Patriots and Steelers happen to meet in the AFC Championship game.  At that point all bets are off.

Anyway, I started internal medicine today...sounds like it's going to be a bit of a grind.  We work 6 days a week (only because we're required by law to have at least one day off) and since I'm up at the VA the burden both in terms of patient load and in terms of the complexity of the individual patients is very high.  On the one hand, that can mean some pretty late days; on the other, it means a lot of responsibility (which is great fun and great learning).  I'm cautiously optimistic about the next two months, and even though it's definitely NOT the population I want to work with long-term (the vets are generally a lot better than most adults, but even they just can't compare with the kids) I think there will be a lot of opportunities to learn and grow as a person and as a physician-to-be.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to post on here more regularly.  We'll see what happens.  With a bit of discipline I'll have more updates for you tomorrow.  Hope you all had a merry and blessed Christmas and a very happy New Year!  Till next time, peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment