Thursday, July 16, 2009

A prayer answered; a prayer asked

To anyone who prayed for my aunt, thank you; she delivered a healthy baby boy by C-section this morning (5 lb 7 oz, 19 in). They'll be in the hospital till at least Monday, but they both seem to be in terrific shape. Unfortunately, no pictures yet...maybe next week?

In other news, I was hoping today to spin some tales about my experiences teaching 10th and 11th graders yesterday at Scaife. Unfortunately, it appears that what you get instead is another prayer request. From the little information I have, all I can say for certain is that one of my friends here at school apparently suffered a family tragedy today. I don't know for sure what happened; all I know is that something bad happened. So please keep her and her family in your prayers.


Psalm 130 - De Profundis (From the depths)

Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord
Lord, hear my voice!
Let Your ears be attentive to my voice in supplication.
If You, O Lord, should mark our guilt,
Lord, who would survive?
But with You is found forgiveness,
For this we revere You.

My soul is waiting on the Lord;
I count on His word.
My soul is longing for the Lord
More than the watchman for daybreak.
Let the watchman count on daybreak
And Israel on the Lord.
For with the Lord there is mercy,
And fullness of redemption.
Israel indeed He will redeem
From all its iniquity.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.

Peace and God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment