Friday, July 3, 2009

Home

Being home with my family allows many more opportunities for activities and ways in which to keep myself occupied than does living alone in Pittsburgh. Hence, since I've been doing other things, I haven't been updating this blog as frequently.

As awesome as Pittsburgh has been, there's simply nothing that beats being at home. I know that I'm never going to look back and wish that I'd spent less time with my family, only the reverse. So I'm going to enjoy it while I'm here. And as much as anything else, it's the little things that still give this a sense of being "home": grocery shopping with Mom (it's a little different shopping for a family of 7 -- effectively 8 -- than just buying what I need to get through the week), putting the air conditioners in and playing Rock Band with my siblings, and hanging out in the Hasbro ER with Dad. It's an experience that bears absolutely no relationship to my solitary living arrangements in Pittsburgh, and for that reason, it's always tough heading back to da 'Burgh after being at home. Everything seems quiet, monotonous even. When I get on the airplane, I always feel like I'm traveling in the wrong direction. But I always know that, God willing, I'll be here again with my family and all will be right with the world.

That's not to say I don't love you guys in Pittsburgh, but I have the sneaking suspicion that any of you who read this blog (all two of you) know exactly what I mean. Catch yinz back in da 'Burgh.

Peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment