Monday, December 13, 2010

Not much to say

For better or for worse, a relatively quiet day on the medical front.  My very depressed patient went home over the weekend, apparently improved; I pray that everything goes well and she doesn't bounce back anytime soon.  I don't know if she'd be able to handle that.  My other patients...well, not much has really changed.  Did see on fairly young guy today who was floridly, classically manic.  Like with bells on.  We had a guy who played at being manic for our OSCEs (Observed Standardized Clinical Exams) that I thought did a really good job.  But the guy today was absolutely textbook.  From what the resident was saying, I might never see that again in my career, so this guy was a great patient to be exposed to.  Really friendly, really polite, but with VERY loose associations and absolutely no insight or judgment.  Really a riot though.

Otherwise, a few minor activities in the afternoon (research meeting, mandatory neuropathology lecture, required observation of an AA meeting which actually turned out to be much more enlightening than I'd feared) and a walk home through the cold, snowy night in Pittsburgh pretty much rounded out the day.  Still excited over the last few Patriots games and hoping they can keep this going (36-7 over the 9-3 Bears in Chicago?  A week after a 45-3 dismantling of the 9-2 Jets?)  You have to think the rest of the NFL is getting a little nervous right about now.  Of course, the Patriots have always done better when expectations were low, but hey...

Anyhow, hope everyone is doing well.  I'm counting down the days till Psych ends and I get to go home for Christmas -- 7.5 for the former, 8 for the latter.  Can't wait!  Till next time, folks, peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment