Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sometimes your best just isn't enough...

He finally ended up in the ICU today.  According to the nurse, the CCM doc took one look at him and started the transfer process.  Last I heard they were talking about intubating him.  This one's gonna sting for a while.  We had fixed him.  He was better.  He was going home.  And then this, on our watch, while we were taking care of him.  Yeah, I'm taking it personally.  Yeah, I feel like I failed.  It's going to be a while before I stop berating myself about the things I should have done differently.  Damn it, he was BETTER!  This didn't have to happen!  There has to have been some way we could have stopped it...there has to be...

*Sigh* sorry, it's been a rough couple of days.  Prayers for this patient and his family would really be appreciated.  At this point it would be a miracle for him to leave the hospital in the same condition as when he arrived...anyhow, till next time, peace and God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment