Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to psych

Hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving!  It was back to work today after my longest break since starting MS3 year -- 4 whole days that were sorely needed.  Unfortunately, I don't really have any good stories from today as I spent quite a lot of it standing / sitting around.  This rotation so far is making me very negative, and that bothers me a bit, but on the plus side, there are only about 3 weeks to go, and the end of the rotation can't come soon enough.

In other news, it's Advent...beginning of a new liturgical year and a new start that's very much appreciated.  This is my favorite season of the year, when we "wait in joyful hope" for the One Who makes all things new.  There's something special, something profoundly unique about this season, although I can't quite express it properly.  I think maybe it has to do with the sense of anticipation, the growing awe and wonder at the Christ Child's approach and birth, but there's more to it than that.  Regardless, I plan on enjoying that aspect of the next four weeks, and can't wait to get home to spend the last few days of it (and, of course, Christmas!) at home with my family.

For now, though, it's a question of taking things one day at a time and reminding myself to look for the blessings each day rather than just the challenges.  And there are always things to look forward to as well, so all in all life is still pretty good.  Anyway, hope everyone is doing well...till next time, peace and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment