Sunday, August 29, 2010

A true "defining moment"

Actually, it's a "defining month," but that's just semantics. So here's what's going to happen...each day for the next month (while I'm on Ob-Gyn), I will be chronicling my adventures (and my misadventures) in this space. I will attempt to be as fair and objective as possible, but I will warn you now: I WILL make editorial comments on both the good and the bad. Also, in case you haven't gathered from the title of the blog (and from my bio), I am a practicing Roman Catholic and I have strong objections to abortion, contraception, and sterilization. Part of the objective in my taking time to do this each day is to give a firsthand account of how these issues arise in daily practice at Magee and to what degree a pro-life student will be affected by them.

All I can say now is that I'm terrified. I don't quite know what to expect...I've heard so many different stories from so many different people, and I have no idea what my experience will be like. I guess I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worst, and praying for the strength to stand strong and not falter. Orientation starts at 8 tomorrow...prayers would be tremendously appreciated, both then and throughout the rotation.

One last thing: I've decided I'm going to make a conscious effort to be as positive as I can, so as a theme song of sorts I've decided on one of my favorite hymns (sorry, this was the best version I could find on YouTube). Peace and God bless!



"And whether our tomorrows / Be filled with good or ill, / We'll triumph through our sorrows / And rise to bless Thee still!"

No comments:

Post a Comment